Bangkok is the capital city of Thailand and is one of the most vibrant cities of Southeast Asia and attracted twenty-two million tourists last year. It is the largest city and has a population close to 9 million people and as a result, Bangkok is also the cultural capital of the country and has the most developed infrastructure.
Due to Thailand’s economic policies and reforms of the 1980s and 1990s, a large group of international corporations opened offices in Bangkok. After the initial wave and the success of those companies, many other multinational companies followed their example which turned Bangkok into one of the most important investment hubs in the region and a major tourist destination.
Thailand’s government has invested heavily in the country’s transport infrastructure network, especially in Bangkok and its surrounding areas, which has attracted more investors to invest in the city.
The economy of Bangkok has been in growth for quite some time and shows no signs of slowing down. A strong economy is the first sign of a healthy real estate market. The growing economy presents a fertile ground for even more investments and guaranteed high returns.
- Thailand’s laws are friendly to foreigners For example, foreigners are allowed to own property and enjoy the same rights as the locals. As a foreigner, you can purchase a condo unit using a contract translated to English. Also, there are no additional property taxes that might be brought upon you just because you are a foreigner.
- Condos are residential units just like apartments that can either be rented out or sold. Most of the condos come with shared facilities such as swimming pools, parking areas, and gyms. Bangkok has a variety of condos that you can choose according to your requirements. Below are the different types of condos that you will find in Bangkok:
- Low-rise condos can be found located on the outskirts of the city in peaceful and tranquil living environments. Some of the low-rise condos are located next to the Asok Skytrain station making them easily accessible with minimal transport costs. Low-rise condos can also be found situated around Thonglor, Phra Khanong and Ekkamai among other areas.
- Duplexes and penthouses-There are also luxury condos in Bangkok which are mainly designed to meet the needs of expats who wish to settle in the city. The penthouses and duplexes are primarily located in the city center close to the offices where many of the expats work. Most are found within the Thong Lor and Sukhumvit area.
- Luxury Condos offer amazing views for example “Riverside”. The amenities are maintained at the highest level as they were renovated with brand new interiors and are expected to command high premiums. These condos are located in the heart of Asoke or Sukhumvit 21, Rama II, Charoennakorn, Lat Phrao.
Thonglor and Asoke are perfect for those looking to invest in real estate with good resale value. According to some real estate experts, the areas of Ratchawei, Khlong Tei, and Bang Na are all worth looking at. For more detail and to find the most up to date selection of condos in Bangkok, just use one of the many listings platforms available online, such as fazwaz.com – these sites allow you to filter on virtually any criteria, so you’ll easily find your perfect condo.